Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

HONEY ZUCCHINI BREAD

We have a small garden.  I basically just planted some things in my rose bed.  I started a bit late so I am just now getting things.  So far we have a hand full of peas.  One of us can have peas for dinner.
 And zucchini.
 I know from last summer that the zucchini starts producing like a mad woman plant.  So I decided I would make Zucchini Bread, but since our family eats mostly honey now instead of sugar I decided to play around and find a honey based whole wheat recipe that would work.
 I rinsed and grated my zucchini
added honey (for those of you who do mostly honey, are you amazed with all the choices?  Honey, local honey, organic honey - even though there are no FDA regulations on organic honey, honey with honey comb, wild honey, creamed honey.  Sheesh!
 In muffin tins & baked!



Recipe:

3 c. unsifted,whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur 100% Whole Wheat flour)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 c. finely grated raw unpeeled zucchini
3 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 c. salad oil
1 2/3 c. honey
1 tbsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients & add wet ingredients.  Bake @ 325 for 15 min in muffin tins.


No comments:

Post a Comment