Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Cooking with Miss Kay - Mexican Corn Bread

On our way home from Arkansas we decided to take a side trip and go to see the Duck Commander warehouse.
 
 
I was not really sure what to expect, and I was very impressed.  it was extremely crowded that day, which surprised me.  Apparently a lot of people had the same idea.  I felt like the Robertson's were very accommodating to their fans.  They have huge parking areas for guest and several photo opt areas.
 
 
 
 
As I was browsing I saw Miss Kay had a cook book.  I took a look at it and decided to buy it.  I was so excited to read it.  She has so many story's about her family.  And I have so many favorite parts, which is funny, because its a cook book, you would not think it would make for good reading, but it did!  In addition to the awesome recipes.
 
(So excited that I am going to be cooking like Miss Kay)
 
The first thing I made was the Mexican corn bread. (page 55) I made it Saturday night at 9:30pm, so it was some late night cooking.  It has bacon, jalapenos, cheddar cheese and corn bread.  Wow, it was so good.  I have to do some tweaking to it.  The bacon was not quite as crisp as I would have liked and the corn bread was a little greasy. I did 10 slices in one pan & I think that caused the problem.  Next time I make it I will cook the bacon longer, drain, the add the corn bread once the bacon is crisper.
 
I did not take a picture of it, but I will next time for sure.  It was something that everyone agreed I should try to make again.

It yielded 16 servings and I figured it to be 9 diet points, because, yes I am still trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment