Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Preparation for fasting - day 1 (May 25th, 2015)




My first 30 day juice fast in January was so life changing for me, physically and spiritually that I decided it was something I wanted to incorporate into my life every 6 months.  On my last juice fast I did zero prep work.  I basically just started.  This time I wanted to prepare a journal and have a better idea of how I would record my fasting.


       Today was Memorial day, the kiddos were with my mom so we slept in until about 10am.  That is totally unheard of.  I fixed my coffee and had a banana and peanut butter for breakfast.  We fed all of the farm animals, moved the chicken tractors, collected eggs and did some laundry.  Then it was time to head over to my mothers where we had a wonderful time swimming and eating with family.  I did very little food wise to prepare for the fast today.  I just ate as normal.  This week leading up to the fast I will not be drinking any wine.  I will be increasing my water intake and drinking Kombucha.  Kombucha is something that I have been introduced to since the last fast and will be drinking this time.


    We headed home about 7 and I prepared our home school lessons for the week.  I worked on my fasting journal.  Each day has the daily scriptures that I want to read, a spot to journal my weight, measurements and a recap of my day.







Currently we are getting ready for a big storm and I
 will be loosing my internet soon.  Stay safe!!!


My fast will last from May 29th to June 29th.  If at anytime during the fast you would like to join me and have a cheerleader on your journey, please let me know.

***This is my personal fasting experience, it is not medical advice***


No comments:

Post a Comment