Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Honey Cake

My family just recently started cutting out processed foods.  I find we are most successful when I have snacks on hand.  I try to always have granola, and this is what I was feeding the kids for breakfast but the did not care for it.  So I found this honey cake recipe and they loved it. Loved it so much they ate all 24 mini muffins in two days.

So this morning E and I pulled out my baking machines


You know how when people find out you collect something, next thing you know you have tons of them?  That's what happened here
So we've got our mini muffin maker, our cake pop maker, our brownie maker and our doughnut maker.

I quadrupled the recipe and thought by making it different shapes it would give it more variety.  "oh you don't want a doughnut?  How about a muffin?"  I know it sounds odd but It actually works.  E said he did not like the muffins but ate two brownies....its the same mix (don't tell him)

 Oiling the pans

The brownie machine (this was my first time to use this & I love the perfect square) Will be awesome for brownies or even cute little cakes

Doughnuts

Muffins


Cake pops or doughnut holes


Scraps :)

Here is the recipe I used - enjoy!

Honey Cake Recipe:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups butter
1 cup honey
4 large eggs 
1/4 cup sour cream

Bake at 325 bake for 50 min

No comments:

Post a Comment