Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

30 Day fast - Day 1 of 30


I began a 30 day fast on January 2nd of 2015.  The following post are my experiences as I went through the fast.  This is not medical advice.

I have been at least 35 to 45 pounds over weight since I had my first child, almost 9 years ago.  To be honest my first reason for doing the juice fast was weight loss.  My second reason was religious.  However as it says in the bible "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28.  So I would say that although this may have started for weight loss, it changed fairly early on and the focus became on God.  I also wanted to add that I did this with orange juice from the store.  I didn't buy a juicer and it wasn't organic juice.  (Gasp)  It still worked.

I started with a monthly goal sheet, that I found on the Dating Divas.  Whom I love.  I split bubbles on it so it smeared.

Goals - 30 Day juice fast
How can this be accomplished?  Prayer, support, will power & prayer.

Why am I doing this/benefits of doing this? self control, will power, be healthy , break food addictions, not eating because some one want me to, eating because I am hungry.
(Before I started the fast, I talked to my husband and his support got me through it.  With out him and other people supporting me I may have given up)

What specific do I want to accomplish?  weight loss.

Summary of Day 1:
Height - 5'1
Starting Weight - 170lbs (at the beginning I left of the 170.5 or what ever, dont do that.  You will want it later)
Symptoms:  I was emotional, moody, tired and had diarrhea.

Goal: To break food addiction with Gods help.


Things I am hoping will come from it: weight loss, will power, accomplishment

DO NOT LUST AFTER FOOD - Your brain is very powerful.  If you feel you are thinking about foods, pray and ask God to direct your focus back to him.

Goals for after fast - Eat fruits, nuts & veggies, increase % of raw food, eat unprocessed food, eat when hungry, fast for spiritual and physical cleansing, exercise for physical well being.

If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

Read More:
Day 2-3
Day 4-7
Day 8-14
Day 15-30




No comments:

Post a Comment