Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

An Invergorating Bath...

I had been hearing about essential oils for sometime now.  I had a positive experience with the essential oils helping with my seasonal allergies, and I just recently purchased the family physician kit from doTerra.  It arrived right before I left on my cruise so I had not had much time to learn and or experiment with their uses.  I had an idea while I was gone so when I got home, I consulted google and got started with my first real essenical oil experience.

I suffer from what I would call almost chronic shoulder and lower back pain.  I am a member at massage envy.  I do stress releving tecniques.  Its still a big problem.  While I was on my cruise I had a massage at the spa.  The woman giving my massage had a few suggestions for my pain and tried to sell me a few things.  They smelled like pepermint and she suggested I take a nice hot relaxing bath at night with a few cap fuls of this stuff.  Well I didnt buy it, but it got me to wondering about the peppermint essencial oil.  So I consulted the box lid and then google to see if I could add it to my bath water.  The box lid said pepermint "cools and invergorates" The article I found said to add 10 drops to your water for a nice invegorating bath...then it said maybe start with 5 drops and build to 10.

 
If you know me, at all, I go big or I go home.  So thinking that I am really on to something I get in my nice hot bath, ready to relax and add 10 drops of the peppermint essential oil to my tub. After all, I just found the cure to my chronic pain.  I deserve this.  Settle in for some r-e-l-a-x-a-t-i-o-n.   Deep breath.  Ah the nice smell of pepperm...whoah...um why are my legs tingling?  
Why is my who-ha tingling? 
 I think I had a misunderstanding... maybe a misreading.  
 Is this what they meant by invigorating? 
 I can see steam coming off the water and my body is freezing cold. 10 drops was way too many.  Way too many.  
I was definitely felt invigorated and cooled.

I got out and toweled off, fewer drops next time I tell my self.  
In all fairness, I did try it again with less drops (5) and that was the right amount for me.  It also has the cooling sensation with me, which lead me to research that fever reduction is another use.  I think for children I would apply to the bottom of the feet, to avoid possible sensitivity to sensitive areas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment